Newfoundland & Labrador High School Transcripts
Student Transcript/Diploma Policy (as of March 11, 2013)
- Student Transcripts/Diplomas are free of charge.
- Official Transcripts will bear the Department of Education seal and signed, in ink, by the Manager of High School Certification or designate.
- Unofficial Transcripts do not bear the Department of Education seal and are not signed or the transcript contains an electronic signature.
- A student/former student’s Transcript/Diploma will be released if:
A request for a high school transcript normally takes 3-5 business days to process. Due to the high volume of requests in August/September and January of each year, extra processing time may be required.
A transcript can be either mailed or faxed. Transcripts will not be sent by email or courier.
- The request is made in writing (no telephone or emails are accepted).
- Transcript/Diploma requests must be accompanied by a completed, signed Transcript Request form. Request a Transcript Form (420 KB)
- Transcript/Diploma requests must come from the student/former student. Requests from a third party will be processed only with written permission from the student/former student. The Consent to Disclose Transcript form must be completed. Consent to Disclose Personal Information Form (412 KB)
- A person who is 19 or older must be the individual who completes the request form and signs it.
- A parent requesting a transcript can do so only if their son/daughter has not reached the age of 19.
- Transcript/Diploma requests will be accepted from Universities/Colleges if the request has a signed student authorization form attached.
Requesting Transcript for Pickup
- Individuals seeking High School transcripts or diplomas are required to make an arrangement for pickup with High School Certification by phoning 729-7925.
- High School transcripts can be picked up at the Security desk in the West Block of Confederation Building. Photo-identification is required to receive the transcript/diploma.
- Transcripts/Diplomas requests from a third party will require written permission from the student/former student by filling out the Consent to Disclose Personal Information Form. (412 KB) The consent form must be sent in advance of the pickup.
- If an individual drops in without making prior arrangements with High School Certification, there will be at least a one hour wait for the processing of the transcript/diploma. Forms will be available at the Security Desk for processing by mail, fax or pickup.
High School Certification
P.O. Box 8700
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free .