Newfoundland & Labrador High School Transcripts
Student Transcript/Diploma Policy (as of March 11, 2013)
- Student Transcripts/Diplomas are free of charge.
- Official Transcripts will bear the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development seal and signed, in ink, by the Manager of High School Certification or designate.
- Unofficial Transcripts do not bear the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development seal and are not signed or the transcript contains an electronic signature.
- A student/former student's Transcript/Diploma will be released if:
A request for a high school transcript normally takes 3-5 business days to process. Due to the high volume of requests in August/September and January of each year, extra processing time may be required.
A transcript can be either mailed or faxed. Transcripts will not be sent by email or courier.
- The request is made in writing (no telephone or emails are accepted).
- Transcript/Diploma requests must be accompanied by a completed, signed Transcript Request form. Request a Transcript Form (471 KB)
- Transcript/Diploma requests must come from the student/former student. Requests from a third party will be processed only with written permission from the student/former student. The Consent to Disclose Transcript form must be completed. Consent to Disclose Personal Information Form (412 KB)
- A person who is 19 or older must be the individual who completes the request form and signs it.
- A parent requesting a transcript can do so only if their son/daughter has not reached the age of 19.
- Transcript/Diploma requests will be accepted from Universities/Colleges if the request has a signed student authorization form attached.
Requesting Transcript for Pickup
- Individuals seeking High School transcripts or diplomas are required to make an arrangement for pickup with High School Certification by phoning 729-7925.
- High School transcripts can be picked up at the Security desk in the West Block of Confederation Building. Photo-identification is required to receive the transcript/diploma.
- Transcripts/Diplomas requests from a third party will require written permission from the student/former student by filling out the Consent to Disclose Personal Information Form. (412 KB) The consent form must be sent in advance of the pickup.
- If an individual drops in without making prior arrangements with High School Certification, there will be at least a one hour wait for the processing of the transcript/diploma. Forms will be available at the Security Desk for processing by mail, fax or pickup.
Math Scholarship Score 3203
Students who write Mathematics 3200 will automatically have a Math Scholarship Score 3203 placed on their transcripts. This ensures that the overall provincial scholarship score calculated from Mathematics 3200 and Mathematics 3201 is consistent for both courses. The student's Math Scholarship Score 3203 is based on a scale derived from the 3200 students' examination result. It has no credit value and it will be used in the calculation of the overall provincial scholarship score for graduating students. The higher of the two grades reflected on a student's transcript for Mathematics Scholarship Score 3203 or Mathematics 3200 will also be used by Memorial University to satisfy the grade 12 Mathematics subject area requirement and calculate the student's entrance average.
High School Certification
Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
P.O. Box 8700
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free .