Education and Early Childhood Development




It is the responsibility of the school boards to fill teaching positions within their districts. Each district posts employment opportunities on their web site. Note that all teachers are required to hold a valid teaching certificate for Newfoundland and Labrador. Contact Sheldon Antle, registrar of teacher certification, for more information.

^ Top of Page

Post-Secondary Students

The Department of Education and Early Childhood Development does not have a program for hiring students. However, the Department of Human Resources, Labour and Employment has a number of programs to support students. Visit the HRLE web site for more information.

^ Top of Page

Student Assistants

Student assistants are hired directly by the school boards and require a minimum of high school graduation.

^ Top of Page

Employment with Government

All positions with the provincial government are the responsibility of the Public Service Commission. Visit the PSC web site for a list of available job opportunities and information on how to apply.

^ Top of Page


Last Updated:
This page and all contents are copyright, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, all rights reserved.